Pages

August 29, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips, now available in the UK

Maybelline Baby Lips are one of those cult YouTube beauty favourites that haven't been available in the UK until now. I've been lucky enough to try one of the flavours in the past, but have been sooo curious about all the other flavours/colours/scents in this range. And now I can finally try them! YAYAYAYAY! (Can you tell I'm a little overexcited?)


Flavours, from left: Pink Punch, Cherry Me, Peach Kiss


 Swatches, from above: Peach Kiss, Cherry Me, Pink Punch

The two flavours on the left are new additions to my collection, I recently picked these up in a mini haul, whilst the flavour on the far right is one I picked up a while ago on holiday. Out of the six flavours available in the UK, these are the only tinted ones available, the other three are: Hydrate, Intense Care and Mint Fresh, available from Boots (currently on 3 for 2) and Tesco (currently on 2 for £5).

I have been very impressed with the flavours "Pink Punch" and "Cherry Me" so far. The formulation is really lovely: they glide on smoothly, but stay put for hours at a time, providing long-lasting hydration and they manage to give a light wash of colour (swatches above). They both smell absolutely divine, having fruity scents, so you're more likely to be a lover rather than a hater.

Out of the three above, I picked up "Peach Kiss" about a year ago, but very surprisingly, really disliked it! I find this flavour to be very dry on the lips, not too hydrating and it has chunky bits of glitter which I can feel on my lips even after the balm has worn off. The saving grace has to be that it smells divine, just like everything else I've tried from the line, and it has a pretty peachy-nude colour to it which can be very flattering. I'm extremely impressed with everything else from this line, and hope to try more in the future, though may steer clear of this one until it's re-formulated.

Have you guys tried anything from this line? I'm always looking for something new to try, so if you have any recommendation, drop them in the comments below, I'd love to try them out!

Anki
xxx 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! The ones i have tried are so amazing, and they are great value for money.

    emily xx

    new post up on my blog; I would love it if you could check it out. I would be really grateful for any comments, suggestions or feedback.
    http://emilou140597.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...