Pages

August 15, 2013

The Lazy Girl's Guide to Base and Top Coat


As promised in my last post, today's post is about a base and top coat with a twist. In my teens, when I first started really becoming interested in nail varnish, I remember using clear nail varnish as a base and top coat; it worked well and was inexpensive to boot! Since then, I've grown up and started trying more expensive base and top coats, but never really found one that could top (pun intended :D) my trusty old clear nail varnish. So, this post is dedicated to a new clear nail varnish/base/top coat I've been trying: Maybelline Forever Strong Pro in Crystal Clear. Available at Superdrug and Boots (currently on offer).



Maybelline Forever Strong in Crystal Clear as base and top coat, with Miss Sporty Metal Flip in Aurora Borealis

The Claims: Enriched with iron and calcium; wide brush designed to give precise application

This is the ultimate product for lazy days, I now only have to juggle two bottles of nail varnish (clear + coloured) vs the previous three! As for the claims: I have to agree that the brush does provide a quick, easy application and the metal ball allows for the nail varnish to be mixed nicely. When it comes to the iron and calcium, I'm guessing that these ingredients are included for the 'strong' aspect, although there are no real claims made about this, and this is incredibly difficult to judge. The most important thing though: it works great a base coat, which stops my nails from getting stained, whilst providing a shiny top coat which doesn't wear and doesn't chip easily. So overall, it does exactly what I want out of those two products, but does it better than anything else I've tried, and for much less! Yay!

 What are your favourite base and top coats? Do have any recommendations for me?

Anki
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I have to admit I am so impatient when it comes to my nails so I rarley bother with top or base coats, but this looks amazing, so i think i might have to purchase.
    emily, xx

    new post up on my blog; I would love it if you could check it out. I would be really grateful for any comments, suggestions or feedback.
    http://emilou140597.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...