Pages

October 21, 2013

An Alternative to Hydraluron?



As you've probably noticed from the last post which came your way, I'm on a mission: to keep my skin hydrated during the cold winter months cue James Bond music. It's something I've been trying to do for a few years now, and miserably failing, so this particular product is extremely exciting for me.

Following recommendations from The Skincare Goddess, Caroline Hirons (who will from now be named thus), I went out, all wide-eyed and bushy-tailed, and purchased Hydraluron, from the makers at Indeed Labs. As a product packed with Hyaluronic Acid, this is supposed to be the product to keep dry skin hydrated, when used before a moisturiser. Whilst I enjoyed using it, I found its effects to be a little too light, not really moisturising enough, for my extremely dry, dehydrated skin.

In comes this incredibly weird (amazing) product: the Sk:n Aloe Vera gel. This product came as part of a set I bought from the Sk:n offices, but sat on my shelf - because really, what use do I have for Aloe Vera without a sunburn ravaging my body, right? Wrong. For the past few weeks I've been using it to tame the extremely dry patches on my face; hydraluron, and every other moisturiser I own, were actually making the dry patches worse, and even burn upon application.

THE PROS
The Sk:n Aloe Vera really helped soothe the skin and eventually managed to completely get rid of them. Plus, I've noticed a surprising side-effect: it helped reduce the size of my acne spots and hyperpigmentation associated with it, whilst also preventing more breakouts.

THE CONS
It's very sticky on application, but give it a few minutes to absorb in,  (depending on how dry your skin is) and it should be fine :)

THE INGREDIENTS & WHAT THEY MEAN 
Aloe Vera makes up the majority of this product (98%), and is known for a lot of uses, including healing burns, damaged skin and even reducing acne. But, some other ingredients in this product are: Allantoin (moisturising, soothing, skin protectant), Glycerin (skin moisturiser), Panthenol (humectant) and Vitamin E.

Ingredients: Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis, Glycerin, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Methylparaben, Polysorbate 80, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, sodium Hydroxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Carame


I hope you found this post helpful, and let me know in the comments if you have any unusual skin care products in your regime

Anki <3

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me know about this! Im about to run out of hydraluron!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's aaaamazing! Let me know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...