Pages

August 29, 2015

Review: Essie Mint Candy Apple





Safe to say Essie's Mint Candy Apple has been the blogger Spring/Summer nail colour of choice for a few years. On a recent holiday, I decided to pick one up on a whim and see what all the fuss was about. It was kind of big moment for me as it's the first Essie polish I've ever picked up, so fingers crossed.

First, let's start with the colour: a soft mint colour, this polish is actually a little greener than I was expecting - definitely no hint of baby blue as you might expect from the bottle. It's a colour I was a little on the fence about, mostly since I found it looked very different in different lighting - I loved it during the day in bright, natural light (as seen above), but during the night time the tone appears less mint and more a strange shade of light green. Honestly, it's not so much of an issue considering the longer daylight hours in the summer, but this depends on personal preference.

I found the formula was opaque but a little streaky, so it needs at least two to three coats to get a perfect finish - definitely surprising as I'm used to being able to get a perfect polish in one coat with my less expensive drugstore brands. However, in this case I feel the importance is placed more on the shade rather than the formulation as I have yet to find a close dupe by another brand (believe me, I've tried).

All in all, definitely mixed reactions, but I would be interested in trying other Essie polishes to compare formulation.

Have you guys ever tried Essie Mint Candy Apple? What did you think of it?

Anki <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...